• Osclass Evolution is an official classifieds script based on Osclass v. 3.8 which was officially closed on September 5, 2019.
    This engine maintains support for old templates and plugins, and it is constantly being updated and improved. Using this script, we guarantee that you will get a quality product with all the necessary support.

All other improvements of this script are Amateur work of third-party developers.

(Solved) Mail Server Configuration will not work

elkman

I am attempting to get the mail server to work on my new install of Osclass Evo. I have already reviewed this information Setting Up A Mail Server

Neither the Custom Mail Server or the Gmail option will work. I am a Google Partner and have even had their tech team look at it. We can't find the answer for why it will not send. It has not been marked as SPAM and the servers for the Custom Mail Server option and of course Google's servers are working properly. The Gmail option does trigger the Gmail user to approve changing their Gmail security option. Even with this security option changed to allow use with Osclass Evo it just doesn't work at this time.

Are there any other options to try?

Firefox_Screenshot_2021-02-16T14-11-13.475Z.png

elkman

WOW. This is a shame. No response at all. Obviously this is a real issue since the new version is pretty much worthless if this mail server issue isn't fixed. I am now the second person who has brought this issue up. The first is under the Bug issue settings. The response was to blame the forum member who brought this issue up for being incompetent. We all appreciate the work you've done. If pointing out that something isn't working means that it's ignored or the person is attacked, why bother with this project?

Dis

Administrator
Staff member
There's no problem. The mail goes fine.
If sending does not work for you, it means that you configured the mail incorrectly. That's the whole reason.

elkman

Actually the mailer server WILL WORK but in many cases not as configured on the Mail Server Settings page

This helpful link will show you how to set the mail server for many of the common hosting platforms. Several of the custom mail servers do not accept the smtp.domainname.com format.